What: Open auditions for Rabbit Hole, by David Lindsay-Abaire. Directed by Jo Dodge. Winner of the 2007 Pulitzer Prize, this drama explores grief, family, forgiveness and love.
When: 1 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 1.
Where: Pentacle Theatre, 324 52nd Ave. NW — located off Highway 22, about 6 miles west of downtown Salem, Oregon.
Casting: Actors able to play three females and two males. For a full list of roles, genders and ages, please scroll down this post.
Things to know:
- Lobby doors open at 12:30 p.m. and open auditions for all roles begin promptly at 1 p.m.
- Plan to arrive early to fill out an audition form. We encourage you to download a copy at org/auditions and complete it in advance. Please write clearly, especially your contact information. Headshots and resumes are not required, but always appreciated.
- Bring your calendar and provide a complete list of your conflicts through May 2. If you have a conflict on the audition date, please contact the director, below.
- Actors will audition by reading selected scenes from the script.
- Pentacle Theatre affirms, promotes and celebrates the participation of all, without regard to race, color, sex, disability, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion or socioeconomic status.
Callbacks: TBA if needed.
Rehearsals: Generally, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., Mondays through Thursdays, beginning Feb. 3 at Pentacle Theatre’s rehearsal studio in downtown Salem. The director will set weekend rehearsals and work sessions as needed.
Rehearsals will be scheduled to make the best use of everyone’s time, especially for actors in school. Only actors needed for scheduled scenes will be required at rehearsals, and we’ll release actors as early as possible. As we get farther into rehearsals, we’ll need everyone there so we can run the whole show. If you have questions or concerns about rehearsals, please contact the director, below.
Show dates: Friday, April 10 to Saturday, May 2.
Cast members may be required to make special appearances for marketing purposes in the weeks before the show opens.
About the show: Becca and Howie Corbett have everything a family could want, until a life-shattering accident turns their world upside down and leaves the couple drifting perilously apart. Rabbit Hole charts their bittersweet search for comfort in the darkest of places and for a path that will lead them back into the light of day. — Dramatists Play Service.
Casting call: Five actors able to play the following roles:
- Becca Corbett — 30s-40s. Becca is a mother dealing with her young son’s death.
- Howie Corbett —30s-40s. Becca’s husband.
- Izzy — late 20s-30s. Becca’s younger sister.
- Nat — 50 and up. Izzy and Becca’s mother.
- Jason Willette — A 17-year-old boy who accidentally hit and killed Danny with his car.
Suitability: Rabbit Hole is suitable for teens and adults who can handle its themes and explicit language.
Sponsored by: Rabbit Hole is made possible by support from the Paul C. and Robin E. Bower Family Trust.
Information: If you have questions or a conflict on the audition date, please contact director Jo Dodge at 503-480-5352 or email@example.com.