We are thrilled to announce that Michael Strelow will again lead a Pentacle Theatre book club–this time for our Oct. 4 performance of Dracula! He last led a discussion group for our 2016 production Of Mice and Men.
Bram Stoker was an Irish author with theater connections. Michael taught Irish literature for many years, and is excited to explore the many facets of this novel. We think it’s a perfect match.
Included in the ticket price:
- Copy of Dracula (so that all club members are reading from the same edition) available at the Pentacle Theatre Ticket Office.
- Online conversation about Dracula with Michael and other book club members (through Facebook)
- Conversation over pizza dinner at the theater before the Oct. 4 performance. (Soda and water provided, beer and wine will be no-host.).
- Talk back with the Dracula cast and crew after the performance.
Tickets: $30 for adults, $15 for students
Participants will get additional details about participating in the book club upon purchase of their tickets.
Many thanks to The Book Bin, whose support is making this an affordable opportunity for our patrons.
Michael Strelow is a Professor Emeritus of English at Willamette University and local author. Michael is particularly well-suited for a discussion of Dracula, as he taught Irish literature for many years. We hope you’ll be inspired to pick up one of his books!
- The Moby-Dick Blues (2018)
- Some Assembly Required (2017)
- Henry: A novel of Beer and Love in the West ( 2015) (based on the life of Henry Weinhard, Portland brewer)
- The Greening of Ben Brown (2005) Finalist for the Ken Kesey Prize from Oregon Literary Awards
- The Alyssa Chronicle Book II of The Princess Gardner Series (Oct 28, 2018 pub date)
- The Princess Gardener (2018)
- Jake’s Book, Book III of The Princess Gardener series (Coming in December of 2018)