FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 19, 2016
Contact: Lisa Joyce, 503-485-4300 ext. 20, email@example.com
What: Open auditions for Of Mice & Men. By John Steinbeck
When: 1 p.m., Saturday, July 9
Where: Pentacle Theatre Lobby, 324 52nd Avenue NW, Salem, Oregon
Casting: Nine men, one woman and one dog.
- George Milton: 25-40, Farm worker; friend, protector and travelling companion of Lennie.
- Lennie Small: 25-40, Farm worker; friend and companion of George. Large man.
- Candy: 55-75, Farm worker; elder worker with a mangled hand and a very old dog.
- The Boss: 50-70, Operator of the ranch.
- Curley: 25-40, Son of the Boss and second in charge. Keeps one hand in a glove with Vaseline.
- Curley’s Wife: 20-30, Wife of Curley
- Slim: 25-40, Jerk-line Skinner
- Carlson: 35-50, Farm worker
- Whit: 35-50, Farm worker
- Crooks: 30-50, Black Stable hand. Back is damaged from an accident.
- Ole dog: Old, dog.
Auditions: Actors will read from the script, copies of which are available on loan at the Pentacle Theatre Business Office, 145 Liberty Street NE in downtown Salem for a $10 refundable deposit. Office hours: Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Those auditioning should bring a list of scheduling conflicts for July 10 through Oct. 22. .
Callbacks: Sunday, July 10, if needed. Time to be determined.
Read-through: 6:30 p.m., Monday, July 25, Pentacle Theatre Rehearsal Studio, 145 Liberty St. NE, Salem, Oregon
Rehearsals: 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays at the theater’s rehearsal studio. The director will set weekend rehearsals and work sessions as needed.
Show dates: Friday, Sept. 30 through Saturday, Oct. 22.
About the show: John Steinbeck’s timeless tale of two migrant ranch hands explores themes of dreams, loneliness, companionship and friendship. — By John Steinbeck.
For more information: Contact the director, David Ballantyne at DavidRBallantyne@gmail.com, or at 503-798-8473.
Generously sponsored by FXG Construction, LLC.
# # #
Pentacle Theatre is Salem’s premier community theater, celebrating 62 years of professional-quality productions staged in an intimate setting. Pentacle Theatre encourages actors of all abilities and ethnic backgrounds to participate in its productions.