Auditions for The Rainmaker are March 12 at the Pentacle Theatre
About the show: In the drought-stricken West of the 1930s, traveling conman Bill Starbuck visits a Kansas town and promises to bring rain. Befriending the Curry family, he tries to help Lizzie Curry with her insecurities and weaknesses, to see herself in a new light.
Auditions: 1 p.m. Saturday, March 12.
Where: Pentacle Theatre, 324 52nd Ave. NW, off Highway 22 about 6 miles west of downtown Salem.
Callbacks: To be announced.
Things you need to know:
- Please arrive promptly by 1 p.m. and plan to stay as late as 5 p.m.
- Your audition will include reading scenes from the script with other actors.
- Copies of the script are available on loan at the Pentacle Theatre Business Office, 145 Liberty St. NE in downtown Salem, for a $10 refundable deposit. Please call 503-485-4300 ext. 22 to arrange for pickup.
- Rehearsals will run from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays at the Pentacle Theatre rehearsal studio, 145 Liberty St. NE, in downtown Salem. The director will set weekend rehearsals and work sessions as needed.
- Show dates are: Friday, May 27 through Saturday June 18.
Things you should bring:
- Plan to come early to fill out an audition form, or download a copy from the Pentacle Theatre auditions webpage and complete it before you arrive. Be sure to write clearly, especially your contact information!
- Bring your calendar and a complete list of your conflicts through June 18.
Character roles: one female and six males.
- Lizzie Curry — A plain young woman living in a family of men who are trying to marry her off.
- Bill Starbuck — A charming con man who promises to bring rain to the Curry farm.
- C. Curry — Lizzy’s father.
- Noah Curry — H.C.’s oldest son.
- Jim Curry — Noah’s younger brother.
- File — The town sheriff’s deputy.
- Sheriff Thomas — The town lawman.