2016 winter fundraiser musical and regular-season musical proposal process
Potential directors should submit no more than one proposal.
Proposals are due at the Pentacle Theatre business office no later than 5 p.m., March 13, 2015. Qualified proposers will make an oral presentation at a special meeting in March. This meeting is tentatively scheduled for 1:30 p.m., March 21, at the Pentacle Theatre lobby.
Proposals should include:
- name of project
- special concepts for staging, lighting and sound
- a description of the director’s qualifications to successfully oversee such a production (i.e., experience directing musicals, working with large casts, or working with children)
Special criteria for winter fundraiser show:
- Commercially-known (name recognition), preferably a musical with large cast
- Family-friendly theme; prefer children in cast
- Lends itself to minimal staging
- Full costumes and full makeup (if makeup is appropriate)
- Creative use of lights and sound
Please verify that the show proposed is available by checking on the internet or contacting Lisa Joyce at 503 485 4300 ext. 20 or firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
To direct a musical, it is the theater’s policy that you have previously successfully directed at least one non-musical production at Pentacle Theatre. Therefore, if you are on the list because you have been an Apprentice Director in the past five years you will have to ask for an exception to policy. If you do not meet the definition of a “qualified director” are not considered a qualified director, you may be granted an exception to the policy. Please include a request for an exception with your proposal.
*(Excerpt from: QUALIFICATIONS OF DIRECTORS, ASSISTANT DIRECTORS, MENTOR DIRECTORS AND APPRETINCE DIRECTORS. APPROVED: September 23, 2013)
To be appointed to direct a production at Pentacle Theatre, an individual must:
- Be a member in good standing of Pentacle Theatre
- Have served as either an Apprentice Director or a Director within the past five years
To direct a musical, an individual must:
- Have previously successfully directed at least one non-musical production at Pentacle Theatre.