Open auditions for the Broadway hit musical Mamma Mia! — Music and Lyrics by Benny Andersson, Björn Ulvaeus, and some songs with Stig Anderson. Book by Catherine Johnson. Originally conceived by Judy Craymer.
- 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec 27.
- 1 p.m. Saturday, Dec 29.
- 1 p.m. Sunday, Dec 30.
If you are unable to attend an audition in person, submitting a video audition is acceptable. Please contact email@example.com to arrange.
Pentacle Theatre rehearsal studios, 145 Liberty St NE in downtown Salem, Oregon.
Six principal roles, six featured and supporting roles, plus numerous ensemble/chorus parts for women and men. For a full list of parts, vocal ranges and age ranges, please scroll down.
Pentacle Theatre is Salem’s premier community theatre, celebrating 64 years of professional-quality productions staged in an intimate setting. Pentacle Theatre encourages actors of all abilities and ethnic backgrounds to participate in its productions.
Things to know:
- Open auditions for all roles begin promptly at the times noted above.
- Doors open 30 minutes early. Plan to arrive early to fill out an audition form. We encourage you to download a copy at
- PentacleTheatre.org/auditions and complete it in advance. Please write clearly, especially your contact information. Headshots and resumes are not required, but always appreciated.
- Please bring your calendar and provide a complete list of your conflicts through March 23, 2019.
- Please prepare a song from a Broadway musical other than Mamma Mia! that best showcases your vocal range and fits the style of character you are interested in auditioning for. Limit your selection to 1 minute, or about 32 bars.
- An accompanist will be available, or you may provide your own. Please bring sheet music for the accompanist.
- Using a CD or smartphone recording of your accompaniment is OK.
- Absolutely no A Cappella singing will be allowed.
- Please dress comfortably and be ready to move and dance.
If needed. Time and location to be announced.
Generally, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays at Pentacle Theatre’s rehearsal studio in downtown Salem. The director will set weekend rehearsals and work sessions as needed.
Friday, March 1 – Saturday March 23, 2019.
About the show:
ABBA’s hits tell the hilarious story of a young woman’s search for her birth father. This sunny and funny tale unfolds on a Greek island paradise. On the eve of her wedding, a daughter’s quest to discover the identity of her father brings three men from her mother’s past back to the island they last visited 20 years ago. The storytelling magic of ABBA’s timeless songs propels this enchanting tale of love, laughter and friendship, creating an unforgettable show. A large cast, non-stop laughs and explosive dance numbers combine to make Mamma Mia! a smash hit. A mother. A daughter. Three possible dads. And a trip down the aisle you’ll never forget! — Musical Theatre International.
Cast of Characters:
Actors able to play the following ages and roles, plus numerous ensemble/chorus roles for men and women.
- Sophie Sheridan — age 20-25: Born and raised on the island. Vocal range top: E5/bottom: F#3.
- Donna Sheridan — age 40-55: Sophie’s mother. Vocal range top: A5/bottom: E3.
- Sam Carmichael — age 40-55: Might be Sophie’s father. Vocal range top: Ab4/bottom: D3.
- Bill Austin — age 40-55: Might be Sophie’s father. Vocal range top: F#3/bottom: Bb2.
- Harry Bright — age 40-55: Might be Sophie’s father. Vocal range top: F#4/bottom: C#3
- Sky — age 20-30: Sophie’s fiancé. Vocal range top: D5/bottom: Eb3.
- Tanya — age 40-55: Former Dynamo. Age: 40 to 55. Vocal range top: E5/bottom: E3.
- Rosie — age 40-55: Former Dynamo. Age 40 to 55. Vocal range top: D5/bottom: E3.
- Lisa — age 20-25: Sophie’s friend. Vocal range top: Db5/bottom: G3.
- Ali — age 20-25: Sophie’s friend. Vocal range top: D5/bottom: G3.
- Pepper — age 20-25: Barman at taverna. Vocal range top: F5/bottom: A4.
- Eddie — age 20-25: Helps Sky with water sports. Ensemble singer.
- Ensemble: Men and women who live on the island, work at Donna’s, and wedding guests.
For more information: If you are unable to attend auditions in person, submitting a video audition is acceptable. Please contact director Robert Salberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 971-208-2799 to make video audition arrangements or if you have questions.